Links to specific topics

(See also under "Labels" at the bottom-left area of this blog)
[ Welcome post ] [ Installation issues ] [ WarpPLS.com ] [ Posts with YouTube links ] [ Model-driven data analytics ] [ PLS-SEM email list ]

Wednesday, December 13, 2023

ICIS 2023: Why I love India so much!


In a few hours I’ll be returning to the Great State of Texas from India, where I’ve been attending the ICIS 2023 Conference. I had the opportunity to meet with WarpPLS users, which I always enjoy very much, and with methodological researchers doing PLS-related work.

Talking about people doing PLS-related work, it was a special treat to be able to meet and talk with Nicholas Danks. The man is a true scholar and a genius. I hope to collaborate with him in the future, and (perhaps, if I am lucky) get some of that talent through osmosis.

Another highlight was talking again with the incomparable Dr. Boo. I was busy distracting her with nonsense when her name was mentioned at the awards ceremony. For those of you who don’t know, she is one of the forerunners of the field of Information Systems, a field that she begun influencing at the young age of 13 (according to my calculations).

This was my first time in India. I loved it so much! This was such a nice experience in no small measure due to Glory George, who was kind enough to show me some of Hyderabad. The people of India are so smart and hard working. Take for example the person on the photo below; he solved a 100-year-old numeric computing problem while riding on the back of a bike in heavy traffic!



Okay, just my imagination. But he was indeed doing what seemed to be some coding, using his friend’s constantly moving upper back as a table. By the way, if you think that traffic in India is chaotic, think again. Those who pay close attention will notice that there is method to what looks like disorderly flow. More than method actually, it is a form of art. Just don’t try driving if you are a beginner; it will be like challenging Ma Long to a “ping pong” match.

Should you want to see and hear the person who is writing this, in keeping with media naturalness theory, check this video. More views and likes will help make my dear friends Steve Harmon and Rolando Santos happy about their masterful video creation and editing work.

Best regards to all!

No comments: